Sunday, May 2, 2010

Falafels

Today I ate my first falafel. Everybody raves about these. In essence, it's a pita with hummus spread inside, deep-fried something yummy, tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapenos, beets, mystery sauce and french fries. At least, I think that's what he put in it.:) Anyways, I tried it because everyone has been talking about them since the moment we stepped into Israel & I needed to say I'd at least tried it. It was interesting and every bite was a surprise, but it was good. I think it will grow on me the longer I am here. It's fun to see all the differences in cultures and become friends with such different people.

Jerusalem is amazing. It's like no other city I've ever seen & it has so much history to explore and discover. Everyday is an adventure and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment